If a faculty member wishes to request a special salary adjustment, the following process is followed:
(1) The faculty member makes a request directly to the Dean for a salary adjustment by filling out and submitting the Special Salary Adjustment Form.
(2) The Dean contacts the Department Chair and informs him/her of the faculty member making the request. If the faculty member making the request is the Department Chair, then the Dean contacts the Associate Chair.
(3) The Department Chair (or Associate Chair) organizes an anonymous vote among the faculty to assess support for this request.
(4) The Department Chair (or Associate Chair) communicates the results of the vote (how many for, how many against) to the Dean.
(5) The Dean decides upon the request.