The M.S. in Computer Science degree program provides advanced education in all areas of computer science. It is useful for those wishing to go into leadership roles in high tech organizations. This degree can also provide the foundation for application to Ph.D. programs. Our objective is to help students achieve a high level of professional competence and lifelong learning. M.S. students may choose either an applied emphasis by pursuing the software development project pathway (Plan B) or a research emphasis by pursuing the thesis pathway (Plan A).
- Master core computer science theoretical concepts, practices and technologies.
- Identify, formulate and solve problems employing knowledge within the discipline.
- Contribute effectively to collaborative team-oriented activities.
- Communicate effectively about computer science topics using appropriate media.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in an area of specialization within the discipline.
- Engage in significant research in their area of specialization within the discipline and/or in projects that respond to community and industry needs.
Contact: ICS Graduate Chair