- Ph.D. 1987, University of California, Berkeley
- B.S. 1980, Computer Science and Engineering, MIT
- B.S. 1980, Physics, MIT
User modeling, natural language processing, intelligent agents, empirical evaluation, AI for computer games.
- Wright, W., & Chin, D. (2014). Personality profiling from text: Introducing part-of-speech n-grams. International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2014). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8538, Springer, pp. 243-253. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-08786-3
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2019
- ICS 361 AI Programming
- ICS 661 Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- ICS Department Chair, 2012-2017
- Program Co-Chair for the 26th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization, Singapore, July 2018.