Directs activities, curricula, and personnel in the Department of Information and Computer Sciences.
- Leads planning for curricula, research, equipment, and space.
- Coordinates faculty recruiting.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for all personnel actions of the department.
- Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures.
- Prepares class schedules and teaching assignments (note: this has been delegated to Assoc. Chair).
- Serves as spokesperson for the department.
- Involved in fundraising for departmental programs.
Provide instruction, conduct research, and undertake community services related to computer and library sciences.
- Develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Direct independent student projects, reading, and research.
- Conduct research and solicit funding for research.
- Advise and counsel students.
- Supervise graduate students’ dissertation research.
- Serve on department, college, and university committees.
Civil Service Personnel
Provide secretarial and clerical services for the department.
- Maintain files and records.
- Hire, train, and supervise student clerks.
- Prepare and process personnel forms.
- Prepare and process purchasing forms and maintain an account of all expenditures.
- Process course schedules and assist students with administrative matters.
- Establish and maintain student records, assist in registration and advising routings, administer student evaluations.
- Take inventory of departmental equipment.
- Act as receptionist for the department.