- Ph.D. 2009, University of California, Irvine
- M.Eng. 2003, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- S.B. 2002, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Computational models for multicores and GPUs, parallel external memory and cache-oblivious algorithms, parallel data structures, energy-efficient computation, distributed processing of massive data
- PI, “AitF: FULL: Collaborative Research: Provably Efficient GPU Algorithms”, National Science Foundation (NSF Grant 1533823), $400,000, 2015-2019.
- PI, “Hawaiian Workshop on Parallel Algorithms and Data Structures”, National Science Foundation (NSF Grant 1745331), $40,346, 2017-2018
- N. Sitchinava, D. Strash. Reconstructing generalized staircase polygons with uniform step length. In Proceedings of the 25th International Symposium on Graph Drawing & Network Visualization (GD), pages 88-101, 2017.
- R. Jacob, N. Sitchinava. Lower bounds in the Asymmetric External Memory model. In Proceedings of the 29th ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA), pages 247- 254, 2017.
- P. Afshani, M. deBerg, H. Casanova, B. Karsin, C. Lambrechts, N. Sitchinava, C. Tsirogiannis. An efficient algorithm for the 1D total visibility-index problem. In Proceedings of the 19th Meeting on Algorithm Engineering & Experiments (ALENEX), pages 218-231, 2017.
- N. Sitchinava. Computational geometry in the parallel external memory model. SIGSPATIAL Special 4(2): 18-23 (2012).
- Spring 2018
- ICS 311: Algorithms (2 sections)
- Fall 2017
- ICS 443: Parallel Algorithms
- 20th Meeting on Algorithm Engineering & Experiments (ALENEX), 2018, Program Committee Member
- 31st IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), 2017, , Program Committee Member